Does TikTok Count Your Own Views?: How To Get More Views
Can you watch your videos multiple times to increase your view numbers? Does TikTok count your own views? Learn all about TikTok’s requirements and exceptions when it comes to video views.
How Does TikTok Count Views?
How does TikTok count views? Does your own view count on TikTok? TikTok counts views based on how many times other users play a video. The creator’s own views don’t count.
TikTok’s recommendation algorithm is one of two reasons that it’s fairly easy to amass thousands of views on the platform. The second is the popular mobile video channel’s view-counting process.
1. How TikTok Recommends For You Content
Thanks to TikTok’s highly intuitive and precise recommendation algorithm, you’ll always find an audience for your videos on the platform. The algorithmic user-to-content and user-to-account matching primarily focuses on user interests and interactions. This means the user has more control over what they see on their For You feed. TikTok prioritizes the user’s content preferences over other considerations.
This recommendation system also works in favor of creators. If you know how to target the right audience, you can guarantee a spot for your video on their For You feeds. This almost always means instant views. With properly optimized content that’s relevant to your audience’s interests, you will get not only views but views that convert.
2. What Counts as View on TikTok?
A video automatically plays when it passes through someone’s For You feed. And from the first second it plays, it is what counts as a view on TikTok. A viewer does not have to watch the entire video. But TikTok has a separate metric for watch-throughs, i.e., when viewers watch a video from beginning to end.
TikTok also counts unique views. A unique view refers to the first instance that a video plays for a user. It’s when a user views the video for the first time.
3. Does Rewatching a TikTok Count as a View?
Yes, rewatching a TikTok does count as a view. If a video reappears on the same user’s For You page and plays automatically, the repeat view counts as a new view. If a user watches the same video multiple times, TikTok counts each repeat view.
4. Does TikTok Count Your Own Views?
No, your own views do not count as views on TikTok. This is the only exception to TikTok’s view-counting system. Playing your video multiple times will not increase your view metrics. The video creator’s own views don’t count. TikTok only counts views from other users.
5. How To Find Your View Numbers
You can find each video’s view numbers on your profile page/the creator’s profile page. The number beside the play button represents the most recent view count for that video.
If you have a business account, you can find more detailed view insights in your analytics. Here’s a quick navigation guide:
- Go to your Profile and tap the Menu in the upper right.
- Select Settings and privacy.
- Tap Analytics.
- In the Overview tab, select your preferred date range: seven, 28, or 60 days.
The key view metrics you’ll find include the following:
- Video views: The number of times viewers watched your videos within your selected date range. You’ll also see a graph of your video views.
- Profile views: The number of times your profile received views within your selected date range.
- Unique viewers: The number of individuals who watched your videos within your selected date range.
For each of these metrics, you’ll also see:
- Your net views compared to the previous period.
- Your growth rate from the previous to the current period.
12 Tips To Get More Views
How do you get your videos on more For You feeds? Here are some tips!
- Select the right audience for your niche, content style, and topics.
- Learn more about your audience. What do they enjoy watching on TikTok?
- Create content for your target audience.
- Check out creators in your niche and get inspiration from their most popular posts.
- Explore the TikTok Creative Center to discover trends in your industry.
- Identify the best hashtag combination to get your posts in front of interested viewers.
- Create a posting schedule that coincides with your target audience’s TikTok browsing habits.
- Post videos frequently and regularly.
- Create content that offers genuine value to your niche community.
- Learn how to use TikTok Stories to form stronger ties with your fans.
- Always add sound to your videos to offer a complete TikTok viewing experience.
- Sharpen your editing skills to produce videos that stand out from the competition.
Get More Out of Your TikTok Video Views
Getting eyes on your TikTok video represents opportunities to gain new followers and generate engagement. Ideally, an increase in video views should have a corresponding increase in followers, likes, and comments. This concurrent growth is fairly easy to achieve on TikTok than on other social media platforms, considering how TikTok’s algorithm works.
Whatever type and style of content you offer, there’s an audience for you on TikTok. You don’t have to worry about competing against mega-influencers, big-name brands, or viral videos. Just worry about what your niche audience needs and consistently deliver content that satisfies these needs.
TikTok curates each user’s For You feed according to their content preferences. So, targeting the right audience is key to gaining views and getting more out of them. You want viewers whose interests align with what you have to offer. If you want likes, create content your audiences will like. Then, figure out a content strategy that will bring your content in front of these users.
Does TikTok count your own views? TikTok’s view-counting system includes only other users and excludes fake views. The system gives every creator a fair chance at discovery on For You feeds. You can boost your odds further with expert help from High Social!
Sign up for a High Social plan to leverage its advanced proprietary AI solution. Start growing your TikTok today!TikTok 101