TikTok Reach Calculator: Measure Your TikTok Success
Building your brand presence on TikTok is a smart move. Knowing how to monitor your performance properly is smarter. Understanding TikTok’s reach, in particular, can improve growth on the platform. How can you maximize and calculate reach on TikTok? How do you use a TikTok reach calculator? Here’s an essential guide to widening your potential audience on TikTok.
How To Calculate Reach on TikTok
Knowing how to calculate reach on TikTok will give you an accurate way to evaluate your success on the platform. Keeping an eye on your reach will help you identify what tactics work and differentiate hype from reality.
What Is Reach?
TikTok defines “reach” as a metric representing the number of unique user accounts exposed to an ad impression at least once. It provides a way to quantify the number of unique user accounts who had the opportunity to learn about your brand, absorb your message, or complete an action.”
Simply put, reach refers to the number of users who saw your content at least once. In contrast, impressions refer to the number of exposures. Impressions also count multiple exposures to the same user.
Another metric closely related to reach is frequency. Frequency represents the average number of a user’s exposure to your content.
TikTok reach reporting is only available for ads and campaigns. The native TikTok reach calculator, via the TikTok Ads Manager, gives you an estimated number of user accounts exposed to your ad. Remember that TikTok uses an element of sampling in their system to determine to reach numbers. Because vast numbers of TikTok users view ads on the platform at any given time, sampling is necessary to provide quick calculations and actionable numbers to clients. This means that reach numbers are not always exact.
How Do You Calculate Reach?
TikTok Business accounts get access to analytics and insights, which help you make informed decisions regarding your marketing strategy. TikTok analytics may be complicated. You can simply use a third-party TikTok reach calculator tool to get the numbers you need. But you also need to understand what certain TikTok metrics mean in relation to your reach numbers. Doing so will help you get a more accurate analysis of an ad’s performance.
If you have a TikTok Business account running an ad, TikTok automatically calculates your reach. To calculate your reach percentage for a particular post, divide the post reach by your total number of followers and then multiply this by 100. For example:
Post reach: 50
Total number of followers: 200
Reach percentage: (50/200) x 100 = 25%
The example above reveals that your post has reached 25% of your followers.
Insights From the Native TikTok Reach Calculator
What actionable insights can you get from the native TikTok reach calculator? Let’s take a look at the metrics that are relevant to your reach number. First things first, how do you access TikTok analytics?
How to Access TikTok Reach Calculator or TikTok Analytics
Again, you need a professional Creator or Business account to access TikTok analytics. Once you’ve set up your pro account, follow these steps to access your analytics on mobile:
- Open the TikTok app and tap Profile.
- Tap the menu icon and choose Settings, then tap Privacy.
- Tap Creator Tools, then tap Analytics.
To view analytics on a desktop, follow the steps below:
- Login to your TikTok account via browser.
- Hover over your profile picture.
- Select View Analytics.
What Metrics Are Relevant to Your TikTok Reach Calculator Number?
Navigating the TikTok analytics dashboard can be tricky. TikTok analytics has four categories. Where do you find the TikTok reach calculator? What other metrics should you look at to analyze your reach number within the proper context? Let’s look at each category.
- Overview. This section summarizes your account’s activity over the past seven, 28, or 60 days. Under Engagement, you can focus on Video views for the estimated total of views your videos have received over the specified period. The number also represents a close estimate of your total reach for that period. You may also consider your Profile views to indicate how many users your brand has reached with a post and who got interested enough to check out your profile.
- Content. The Content tab provides specific insights about your videos within a selected period. Total video views tell you the total number of views for a video. The number represents all the times a video was played; it does not count replays. Reached audience shows you the total number of unique users who watched your video.
- Followers. The Followers tab provides detailed information about your followers. You can look at Videos your followers watched to get more information about audiences in your reach.
- LIVE. Live analytics provide insights on live videos you host within a specified period. Total views reveal the total number of viewers present during your live videos within the selected date range. Unique viewers give you the number of users who viewed a live video at least once. You can also look at New followers to identify users you were able to convert into followers from your live video.
How To Get More Reach on TikTok
Your TikTok reach calculator measures the effectiveness of your marketing strategy. How can you maximize your reach from the get-go? Here’s how you can optimize your TikTok marketing strategy for maximum reach.
Familiarize Yourself With TikTok
TikTok is a whole different playing field and requires a marketing strategy different from what you’re using on Facebook or Instagram. The platform has unique features, user behaviors, and trends. Follow these tips:
- Explore the different TikTok features, such as filters, effects, and sounds.
- Watch videos relevant to your niche or industry and identify trends, such as hashtags, challenges, and Stitch videos your target audiences are participating in.
- Get to know the For You Page. Find out how it works and how to use it to your advantage.
- Use hashtags to identify communities and sub-cultures on TikTok that your target users are members of. Understand these communities and sub-cultures to help you create a brand identity and content strategy that will appeal to them.
Get Your Desired TikTok Reach Calculator Results by Knowing Your Audience
Define your audience demographics. List your target audience’s interests and passions on the platform. Understanding your audience will help you develop a marketing strategy to deliver the best TikTok reach calculator results.
You need to define your target audience before you start creating TikTok content. You can begin your audience research on other social media platforms. Given TikTok’s colossal popularity, chances are high that many of your followers on other platforms are using TikTok.
Once you have identified this audience overlap, you can pinpoint their demographics and interests. Find these audiences on TikTok to learn more about their behaviors on the platform. What types of TikTok content do they enjoy? Check out more of the same TikTok content to find more of the same audiences.
Maximize TikTok Reach Calculator Results With Help From the Competition
Find potential competitors on TikTok. Analyze their content strategy to help you formulate your own and maximize your TikTok reach calculator results.
Find similar brands on TikTok and take some time to analyze some of their videos. Pay close attention to videos with the highest engagement. Figure out what works and what doesn’t. Use the information to develop a content strategy with the same strengths that avoid the weaknesses of less popular content.
While at it, check out what TikTok celebrities and influencers in your niche are also up to. Their audiences are your target audiences as well. Study their TikTok strategy and pick up tactics to give you an added reach advantage.
Improve TikTok Reach Calculator Numbers by Keeping Track of Your Performance
When you have all the information you need, it’s time to put your TikTok strategy to the test. Keep in mind that what might have worked for your competitor or a TikTok influencer in your niche may not work for you. Track your progress via TikTok analytics to to get an accurate measure of your performance.
Remember that the shortest timeframe available to get analytics information is seven days. However, you’ll need months of metrics data to get a complete picture of your performance.
Combine the metrics data relevant to your reach (as listed in the previous section) and analyze them together. Use the results to improve your strategy and TikTok reach calculator numbers.
Go Beyond a TikTok Reach Calculator to Further Your Success
A TikTok reach calculator measures only one aspect of your performance on the platform. Keeping track of your reach is especially helpful when you’re just starting to build a presence on TikTok. Your TikTok reach can tell you if your content strategy effectively boosts your visibility. Comparing the number of audiences you’ve reached with a video with its number of views and engagement will tell you how well you communicate with your viewers.
Improving your audience-targeting capability can greatly increase your reach, engagement, and overall performance. When you effectively target the right audience for your content, you can have a higher reach-to-follower ratio and a corresponding boost in engagement. With higher engagement, you’ll have a better chance of landing on your target audiences For You Pages. This, in turn, can lead to more followers and views. If you can sustain this accelerated growth pattern, you’ll be on the fast track to lasting TikTok success.
You can have a clear audience-targeting advantage when you team up with a company like High Social. High Social uses advanced, proprietary AI technology to identify real users whose interests match your brand’s identity and content.
You will also benefit from the expertise of their team of social media specialists, who will help you promote your content to your audience. With High Social, you can grow organically and build a community of loyal, genuinely interested, and actively engaged followers. Start growing your TikTok today!