Why Does My TikTok Keep Crashing: Cracking the Crash Code!
Why does my TikTok keep crashing? As a budding TikTok influencer, you know how important it is for your videos to run smoothly without any hitch. However, it can be frustrating when you’re in the creative zone and suddenly the app crashes. Don’t worry; you’re not the only one who faces this issue.
This article will explore the reasons behind these crashes and provide solutions to ensure a smoother TikTok experience. As an upcoming influencer, you need to connect with your audience regularly without glitches, but constant crashes can hinder that. So, let’s address the question: Why does my TikTok keep crashing?
5 Reasons Why the TikTok App Keeps Crashing and How To Fix It
Many people ask, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing?” Dealing with constant crashes can be disheartening and can affect your overall productivity as a creator. So why does this happen? Here are five reasons why the TikTok application is crashing and how to fix it.
Why Does My TikTok Keep Crashing #1: Your TikTok App May Be Outdated
Aside from TikTok influencers, regular users often wonder, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing?” One common reason why your TikTok app keeps crashing is because you are using an outdated app version.
TikTok regularly releases updates that include bug fixes, performance enhancements, and new features to provide users with a smooth experience. Using an old version of TikTok can lead to compatibility problems with your device’s operating system and result in crashes. If this is the issue, here’s how you can fix it if you are using an Android device:
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Type “TikTok” in the search bar to find the app.
- If an update is available, you’ll see an “Update” icon next to the app’s name. Tap on it to start the update process.
- Allow the app to update to the latest version. Once the update is complete, open TikTok and check if the app is functioning properly.
For iOS users, follow these steps to solve the issue.
- Launch the App Store on your iOS device.
- Tap on your profile picture at the top right corner of the App Store to access your account. Then, scroll down to find the “Available Updates” section.
- If there’s an update available for TikTok, you’ll find it in the list. Tap “Update” next to TikTok to start the update process.
- Allow the update to download and install. Once the process is complete, open the TikTok app, and it’ll function properly.
Why Does My TikTok Keep Crashing #2: Corrupted Cache Files
“Why does my TikTok keep crashing?” The answer to this question may be corrupted cache files. TikTok accumulates data over time, including cache files, which can become corrupted and lead to crashes. For Android users, follow these steps to clear the TikTok cache files :
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Scroll down and select “Applications.”
- Find and tap “TikTok” from the list of apps.
- Click “Storage” or “Storage & cache.”
- Tap “Clear Cache” to remove the temporary files.
However, note that these steps may differ depending on your Android brand. Nevertheless, the processes are similar. For iOS users, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and choose “General.”
- Choose “iPhone Storage.”
- Find TikTok from the list of apps.
- Tap on TikTok and press “Offload App” to clear the cache. It is important to note that offloading will delete the app but keep your data and documents intact.
- Reinstall the app whenever you wish to continue where you left off.
You can also clear the cache of TikTok directly. To clear cache files of TikTok on Android and iOS devices, follow these steps:
- Log in to your TikTok app and tap “Profile” at the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three horizontal or vertical line icon (Android/iOS device) in the top right,
- Click “Settings and Privacy’ from the options.
- Select the “Clear cache” option.
That’s it! You now know another answer to the question, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing.” Regularly clearing your TikTok app’s cache can help prevent crashes by removing irrelevant temporary files. By following these steps, you can ensure a smoother app experience and minimize disruptions while engaging with your fans.
Why Does My TikTok Keep Crashing #3: Poor Internet Connection
“Why does my TikTok keep crashing?” A poor internet connection can be the reason. Unstable or slow internet connection and server issues can disrupt the app functionality, causing TikTok to crash. To tackle this issue, follow these steps for both Android and iOS devices:
- Check your Wi-Fi/cellular data and ensure you have a stable and proper internet connection.
- Turn on Airplane Mode for a few seconds, then turn it off to reset your network connection.
- Switch to cellular data if you are using Wi-Fi or vice versa.
- Restart your device. Sometimes, rebooting your device can improve connectivity.
So, if your TikTok app is tripping and crashing, ensure you have a strong internet connection. Once your network is stable, you can enjoy a smooth app performance without interruptions. Also, users in countries with very slow internet speeds can download the TikTok Lite app to enjoy a smooth experience.
Why Does My TikTok Keep Crashing #4: Phone Compatibility and Storage
Phone compatibility and device limitations can cause crashes while using TikTok, leaving you wondering, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing?” For instance, mobile devices with less than 3 GB RAM may experience the TikTok application crashing. So how do you fix these device issues? Here’s how.
- Visit TikTok’s official website or app store to check the minimum system requirements for the app. Ensure that your phone meets these specifications.
- Update your device’s operating system. Keeping your phone’s operating system up to date can enhance its compatibility with newer apps, including TikTok. Go to your phone’s settings and find the “Software Update” option.
- Free up some storage space on your phone. Your TikTok videos eat up your devices’ space and can hinder TikTok’s app performance.
- Running multiple apps in your phone background can affect your phone’s functionality. Close irrelevant apps before using TikTok.
- If your phone is a very old version with limited space, consider buying a new device.
Why Does My TikTok Keep Crashing #5: Your Device Is Overheating
When wondering, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing,” ask yourself, how many hours have I been on my phone? Using TikTok for an extended period can cause your device to get too hot, leading to crashes. Overheating can affect your phone’s performance and cause your TikTok app to malfunction. Here’s how to fix it:
- Close unused apps running in the background to ease your device’s load.
- Give your device regular breaks during extended TikTok activities to prevent overheating.
- Reduce your device’s screen brightness while using TikTok to minimize the heat generated.
- Creating TikTok videos in direct sunlight can increase device temperature. Therefore, endeavor to choose a cooler environment.
- Streaming videos on mobile data can strain your device, so try using Wi-Fi whenever possible.
- Your phone cases can trap heat. Remove your phone case if your device is overheating.
- If your phone feels hot, restart it to cool down and refresh the system processes.
Keeping your mobile device at a reasonable temperature while using TikTok prevents crashes and ensures a smoother experience.
That’s it. You can now answer the question, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing?” Thankfully, you also know the solutions to each reason. But what can you do if the issue persists? Are there other solutions?
What To Do if Your TikTok App Keeps Crashing Even After Clearing Cache
Many influencers often ask, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing even after clearing the cache?” Here are two things to do if the TikTok app keeps crashing after clearing cache files.
- Delete the TikTok App and Reinstall
If your app keeps crashing, consider deleting and reinstalling it from the app store. This can help resolve any underlying issues that may be causing the crashes. Deleting and reinstalling the app often provides a fresh start and eliminates corrupted data. Before deleting the app, consider downloading your app data first. Here’s how to do so:
- Log in to your account.
- Tap the “Profile” icon at the bottom right corner.
- Click the three dots (for Android) or three lines (for iOS) at the top right corner to access settings.
- Select “Privacy and Settings” from the menu.
- Click “Account” and tap on “Download Data.”
- Choose “Request Data” and enter your email address. TikTok will send you a link to download your data.
- Check your email for the download link. Click it to access your data, including videos, comments, language preferences, etc.
- Reach Out to The TikTok Support
If the crashes persist even after reinstalling, it may be a more complex issue related to your device or account. In such cases, contacting TikTok’s support team for assistance is advisable. They can provide specific guidance and help troubleshoot the problem.That’s it! You can solve your app’s constant crashing issue by trying these alternatives. So, stop asking, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing?”Rather, try these options we’ve discussed.
5 Tips to Quickly Rise to Fame on TikTok
Fortunately, you can now answer the question, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing?” After resolving your app issue, the next thing to do is to focus on your game of achieving TikTok fame. Here are five tips to quickly rise to fame on TikTok:
- Have a Unique Content Style
Stand out with a unique content style that reflects your personality, talents, and interests. People like creators who are genuine and relatable. Explore TikTok niches and choose one where you can thrive easily.
- Post Your Content Regularly
Regular uploads keep your audience engaged and excitedly anticipating your next content. Thus, create a posting schedule that aligns with your audience’s active hours. Consistency builds a loyal following and boosts your chances of going viral.
- Engage with Your Audience
Respond to comments, interact with other users’ content, and use top TikTok hashtags to increase your visibility. Engagement helps you connect with viewers personally, making them more likely to follow and share your content.
- Use Trending Sounds and Challenges
- Promote Your Videos
You can quickly rise to fame by promoting your TikTok video. You can use TikTok’s built-in features or promote TikTok for free to boost your content to a broader audience. This can help increase the visibility of your videos beyond your existing followers.
Creating good content and addressing technical issues when necessary can help you achieve your influencing goals faster. So, if you wonder, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing,” ensure you take the necessary action to resolve it. Afterward, you should focus on boosting your popularity and reach on TikTok.
How To Stop TikTok App Crashes and Grow TikTok Audience
“Why does my TikTok keep crashing?” This is a major question many influencers ask when they face issues when navigating the platform. This frustrating situation can affect content creation and engagement.
It is vital to constantly update your TikTok to avoid asking the question, “Why does my TikTok keep crashing.” However, while solving this issue, remember that connecting with your target audience and building your fan base is crucial. So, how can you connect with your audience and build your fan base simultaneously? The answer lies with High Social.
High Social is an expert organic growth agency with an advanced targeting approach to connect you with your target audience. With High Social’s support, you’re on your way to conquering TikTok and achieving your influencer goals. Start growing your audience today.