How To Promote TikTok Videos for Free
Views are easier to come by on TikTok than on other social media channels. You can quickly reach your target audience when you post a new video. This is especially true when you understand how TikTok recommends content. But is there a way to widen your reach without having to deal with TikTok ads? Keep reading to learn how to promote TikTok videos for free.
Tricks for Wider Organic Reach
How do you put your content at the top of For You feeds? How do you get more eyes on your videos and organic shares for wider content dissemination? While there isn’t a “free” promote TikTok tool within the app, there are many features that can boost your reach. Let’s take a look at each one.
How To Promote TikTok Videos for Free via User-Generated Content
User-generated content (UGC) is among the most effective free TikTok promote tools you can use. There are two ways you can use UGC:
- Ask your followers to create content about your video, such as a reaction video. Make sure you also ask them to tag your profile and the original video in their post.
- Share your followers’ UGC and tag them in your posts.
Keep in mind that reposting other people’s content is not as straightforward on TikTok as it is on other platforms. When you share/repost a video within TikTok, it doesn’t give you the option to write a caption and tag people. The repost button just automatically shares it to your followers’ feeds.
To make the most of your fans’ UGCs, you need to save their videos first. Always ask for permission to save and share other people’s content before doing it. After saving the video, you can repost it as you would usually do with new content. Then, write a description with your preferred hashtags and tag the original creator and video.
If you’re sharing UGC from TikTok to other channels, you can repost it with your own caption, tags, and mentions.
UGC promotes your content and profile for free, helps you reach new audiences, and may generate more engagement and followers.
How To Promote a TikTok Video for Free With Duets
TikTok duets expands on the concept of UGC. A duet video features two clips playing side-by-side. Users typically create duets to sing or dance alongside other creators. You can post a comment or response to a video or replicate a trend or challenge.
Put your talents and creative juices to work. You can produce a video that others will want to use for a duet. Tap into your passions and what you do best. If you love to dance or sing, go with the classic dance/sing-with-me video. Find a trend, challenge, or hack you can replicate. Then, add your unique twist to it and use it to invite your fans to take part. Create a tutorial or try an interesting recipe, then ask your followers to post their video responses via a duet.
Make sure you enable the duet feature for your video. And don’t forget to invite users to use your video for a duet in your caption’s CTA! New users will easily discover your video when your followers share their duet videos featuring your original content.
Promote Your Content via TikTok Stitch
Like duet, TikTok stitch is a fun tool that facilitates creative interactivity among creators. The tool lets users select a portion of another video to stitch with their own.
You can also invite your followers to use your video to create a stitch and share it with their followers. Or, you can select a popular video and use it to make your own stitch. Find content that naturally jibes with what you want to promote. For example, an aspiring beauty influencer should use their favorite video that is trending within the niche to create a stitch. There, they can showcase their beauty skills.
Because stitch videos combine content from two different content creators, they instantly double your reach!
More Tips for Organic Content Promotion
TikTok encourages interactive and reciprocal creativity among its users. Many of the platform’s features promote esprit de corps through these creative exchanges. This is one of the reasons that TikTok draws countless active users daily.
You can take advantage of the camaraderie and your niche community’s interests to promote your videos organically. Here are more tips to help you increase your videos’ discoverability on feeds and in searches:
- Create content for your target audience: Your niche community consists of your most powerful ambassadors. Your intended audience, whether or not they’re already following you, can provide you with authentic and effective word-of-mouth promotion. So, always keep your focus on the content needs and preferences of this special group. Consistently produce videos they’ll enjoy and find valuable. This will lead to constant high engagement, which is a kind of organic promotion that creates a positive feedback loop.
- Follow a content calendar and post consistently: Regular posting (when your followers are active on TikTok) is crucial to building an engaged audience. “Condition” your followers to look forward to your next posts and make watching your videos part of their daily TikTok habit. Again, your goal is to keep engagement rates for your videos high to maintain high visibility.
- Optimize your videos for your target For You feeds and for searches: Optimization is an SOP for any type of content or brand promotion. Use the right combination of hashtags, relevant keywords, trending sounds, and popular filters and effects. Give TikTok’s algorithm the right signals to help it identify users who are most likely to find your content interesting.
Grow Your TikTok Community Ad-Free
Is it possible to grow and stay competitive on TikTok without the help of ads and sponsored posts? You can achieve your TikTok goals with a completely organic strategy, although it may take longer. Once you reach a certain tipping point, however, your growth will snowball. You’ll enjoy self-sustaining progress on the platform.
The competition on TikTok is just as fierce as on other channels. However, its algorithm is more reliable in terms of matching content and accounts with the right users. TikTok’s algorithmic recommendation process makes it easier for businesses and content creators to build brand awareness in their target communities.
This is especially true if you’re new to the platform. You don’t need to resort to paid posts to compete with accounts with massive follower counts or content with thousands of likes.
Relatively unknown users have the same chances as top TikTok influencers to go viral on the platform. TikTok’s matchmaking system, which primarily focuses on user interests, makes this possible.
Knowing how to promote TikTok videos for free lets you maximize the potential of organic growth. TikTok’s native tools are very useful in helping creators boost their organic reach. But if you need expert help in enhancing your targeting capability, sign up for a High Social plan. High Social’s advanced proprietary AI solution instantly magnifies your audience-targeting advantage.
Deliver your videos to more genuinely interested viewers who will likely become lifelong fans. Start growing your TikTok today!TikTok Tips