Top TikTok Influencers: Finding the Right Influence for Your Brand’s Growth
Collaborating with top TikTok influencers opens amazing opportunities for greater visibility and audience reach, accelerated follower growth, and higher engagement. How do you identify the right influencer for your brand? What steps do you need to take to fully take advantage of influencer marketing to get more TikTok followers? Carve a prominent spot for your brand within your industry and subculture/s with a successful TikTok influencer collaboration.
Why You Should Use Influencer Marketing on TikTok
TikTok offers unique ways to find your target audience and grow your community — whether you’re an ordinary creator or have a brand on the platform. From creating a TikTok challenge to participating in other people’s TikTok challenges; from jazzing up your content strategy by learning how to Stitch a video on TikTok to using popular TikTok songs, do-it-yourself growth can be lots of fun and extremely rewarding. But taking advantage of influencer marketing on TikTok may offer even greater rewards.
Top TikTok influencers are definitely a major force on the platform, especially because these creators are TikTok celebrities in their own right. They have built a dedicated and massive following based on genuine creative expression, strong subculture identification, and meaningful community building. An endorsement from the right TikTok influencer can launch any business into viral popularity and stimulate continuous growth.
Brands can successfully tap into TikTok’s massive audience, kickstart their own trends, and build a genuinely interested and engaged follower base with the help of the right TikTok influencer.
Top TikTok Influencers Right Now
Curious to know who the top TikTok influencers are right now? Here’s the list to get you started on your search for potential influencer partners! These names come from a variety of niches and subcultures.
- Charli D’Amelio, with 140.4 million followers, @charlidamelio
- Khabane Khaby Lame, with 137.6 million followers, @khaby.lame
- Mikayla Nogueira, with 12 million followers, @mikaylanogueira
- Wisdom Kaye, with 8.1 million followers, @wisdm8
- Letícia Gomes, with 7 million followers, @leticiafgomes
- Denise Mercedes, with 3.5 million followers, @denisemmercedes
- Tabitha Brown, with 4.9 million followers, @iamtabithabrown
- Ashley Yi, with 3.1 million followers, @ashyizzle
- Vivian Tu, with 1.2 million followers, @yourrichbff
- Clare McLaughlin Sullivan, with 1 million followers, @clare.sullivan_
How to Collaborate With Top TikTok Influencers to Reach New TikTok Heights
You’re only one influencer away from TikTok viral status. Collaborating with top TikTok influencers in your niche, industry, or subculture/s will get your brand on the fast track to success, both on and off the platform. Here’s your ultimate guide to launching a successful influencer marketing campaign on TikTok.
Define your campaign goals and expectations before looking for possible top TikTok influencers to collaborate with
To optimize your campaign for huge success, your campaign goals and expectations must match the qualifications you’ll look for in a top TikTok influencer. Here are some examples:
- If you want to build brand awareness, then you should collaborate with a TikTok influencer who specializes in your niche/industry/subculture.
- If your goal is to achieve a big boost in your follower numbers, then one of your top qualifications when choosing a TikTok influencer is having a huge follower base.
- If you want to increase sales for a particular product, your top TikTok influencer candidates must do a lot of the same product promotion and have great credibility.
- How long do you want your campaign to run? A months-long campaign will require cultivating a good working relationship with your influencer — this means you should be able to agree on a lot of things to work well together.
What’s your campaign budget? Top TikTok influencers with massive followings usually demand high fees. Niche-specific influencers may have a smaller follower base compared to those with broader areas of expertise, but you can be sure that their followers are more dedicated and they may also be more flexible when it comes to compensation.
Make a list of top TikTok influencers in your niche/industry/subculture
Once you have decided on your goals and expectations, you can start looking for top TikTok influencers who can help you achieve them. Fortunately, TikTok is teeming with creators of any and all specializations, with varying degrees of influence within their particular subcultures. The trick is narrowing down your focus and targeting the best candidates for your influencer marketing campaign. Here are some tips to help you find your influencer marketing frontrunners.
- Learn from your competitors. Which influencers are they working with?
- Learn from your target audience. Which influencers do they frequently engage with?
- Ask for recommendations within your community.
- Do a search on TikTok using keywords that are most relevant to your product, brand, or industry.
- Check out TikTok’s Creator Marketplace.
Learn as much as you can about your influencer candidates and make a top 10, top 5, or top 3 list. Make sure each one of these influencers meets all or most of the qualifications you’re looking for. It might help to create a spreadsheet so you can easily compare their number of followers, top brands they’re working with, number of likes, average and highest engagement numbers, etc.
Reach out to your top TikTok influencer candidates for collaboration
The next step is to reach out to your top TikTok influencer candidates to propose a collaboration. First things first, compose your message. It should be straightforward and friendly. Here’s a sample outline:
- Introduce your brand, who you are, and your role.
- Briefly explain the purpose of your message and why you believe they would be a good fit for your campaign.
- Give them an overview of your campaign, including your expectations.
- Request for their media kit, which will include their audience demographics, other relevant statistics, previous and/or current collaborations, etc.
- State your budget and ask them about their rates and other standard collaboration conditions.
- End your message cordially.
You may send your message via DM, although your message may remain unseen for an undefined length of time if the influencer receives tons of DMs. You can send them a follow-up DM if you don’t get a response after a week. If you’re able to find their email address, your message may get their attention more quickly as their inbox will probably be less crowded. If you want to have all your bases covered and in case your email ends up in their spam folder, you may also send them a “heads up” via DM so they’ll know to look for your message.
Launching a Successful Influencer Marketing Campaign on TikTok
Launching an influencer marketing campaign means “handing the reins” of your brand, product, or service promotion to a relevant, top TikTok influencer. Before you delegate this obligation to your influencer of choice, take note of the following tips to ensure a smooth and successful collaboration.
Your top TikTok influencer should have adequate creative freedom and control
Collaborating with a top TikTok influencer means letting them take the reins of your campaign and giving them creative freedom. You selected them because of their brand of “influence,” after all, and they are trusted by their subculture/s and followers. Your influencer knows exactly how to appeal to their audience.
Of course, you’ll still need to provide some guidance in terms of the results you expect them to deliver. And then you should let them work their magic to deliver these results. This is why it’s important that you choose an influencer whom you can trust to run your campaign.
Make sure you and your top TikTok influencer agree on the terms of your collaboration
You and your top TikTok influencer must be in complete agreement about the terms of your collaboration from the get-go. This will ensure that the campaign will run smoothly and maximize its chances of success. This will also help you cultivate a good relationship with your influencer, so that they’ll be eager to collaborate with you again in the future.
The terms of your collaboration, or the statement of work, is a vital part of the legal contract and should include the following:
- Marketing campaign goals and expectations
- The theme and elements of the campaign
- Campaign timeline, which may include individual milestones, campaign schedules, and campaign duration
- Details of content deliverables
- Payment terms
The statement of work is subject to revisions depending on whatever changes you or your top TikTok influencer want to make prior to finalizing its content, which will be included in the legal contract. Make sure you have everything you want covered in the statement of work and that your influencer completely understands what’s expected of them before moving to the contract stage. In addition to the statement of work, your influencer marketing contract will also include disclosure guidelines, content ownership conditions, approval processes, and exclusions.
Nurture a mutually beneficial relationship with your top TikTok influencer
When you choose the right top TikTok influencer for your brand, the gears of your campaign will work without a hitch and you can have in place a solid foundation for a long-term relationship with your TikTok creator and their audience. Remember that having a good relationship with your influencer also translates to the kind of relationship you’ll have with their audience. Going the extra mile to nurture a synergistic partnership will be mutually beneficial to both of you.
You can’t expect your influencer’s native audience to immediately give their support to your campaign and deliver the engagement and results you want — no matter how popular and trusted a top TikTok influencer is. Audiences must be exposed to a campaign for a long time before it can make a lasting and meaningful impression on them. When it comes to influencer marketing, you also want their audience to associate your brand with the influencer, and you can only achieve this by building a long-term relationship with your influencer — make sure that this is part of your influencer marketing strategy.
Match Your Brand With the Right TikTok Influencers to Rev Up Your Growth
Creative collaboration is the lifeblood of TikTok, and this is why the platform is the perfect place for influencer marketing and why it’s home to tons of top TikTok influencers who are notable and trusted figures in their industries and subcultures. Do the work necessary to select the right influencer for your brand and to cultivate a long-term relationship with them. Your collaboration will be a gift that keeps on giving when you know how to play your cards right. With the right TikTok influencer, you will effectively expand your audience reach, rev up your growth on the platform, and build a dedicated community.
You can also tap into the rewarding opportunities that TikTok offers to creators and brands by teaming up with an expert in TikTok growth strategy, a company like High Social. Lasting and rewarding growth can only be achieved when you have the ability to target genuinely interested and engaged audiences, and High Social can deliver this with their advanced, proprietary AI targeting technology. Their in-house team of social media specialists will take care of your organic content promotion so you can build a loyal following on the platform. Start growing your TikTok today!