Post View History on TikTok: Track Your Video’s Performance
It’s always interesting to know who watched your TikTok videos. You can find out who among your followers is actually seeing your content. You can also identify non-followers engaging with your posts. Find out how Post View History on TikTok works and how you can use viewership insights to generate more views.
What Is Post View History on TikTok?
For those wondering what is post view history on TikTok, it allows you to see who your video viewers are. Turning on the TikTok Post View History feature will not show you everyone who has viewed your posts, however. Additionally, it’s only available to creators with fewer than 5,000 followers.
It shows you the following data:
- Views from your followers who have also turned on the feature.
- Views from non-followers who have liked or commented on your videos, whether or not they turned on the feature.
- Views from the past seven days only.
How To Turn Off Post View History on TikTok
Turning on Post Views may help you identify some of your most frequent viewers and learn more about your audience. However, it means the people you follow who have the feature turned on can also see when you view their posts.
If you want to view posts anonymously, here’s how to turn off Post View History on TikTok:
- Go to your Profile and tap the Menu in the upper right.
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Tap Privacy.
- Under Interactions, select Post Views.
- Tap the toggle icon next to Post view history to turn it on or off.
Keep in mind you will always appear in the creator’s Post View History when you like or comment on their post.
Collect Rewarding Views for Your Posts
How does TikTok’s algorithm figure out what a video is about to identify the right audience for it? Your content will definitely show up on For You feeds; the more important question is, “Whose For You feeds?” It analyzes the elements in the video and the hashtags and keywords in the caption. Your location, niche, and industry also factor into the recommendation process.
The “Who” is important because it determines whether or not your views will translate into followers and engagement. So, who should you target to get rewarding views? Target audiences who fit into your niche as these are viewers who will appreciate your content. Help them discover your videos through proper optimization.
Here are some tips to help you collect views that convert:
- Learn from more successful creators in your niche: Check out their videos with the highest views and engagement. What do they have in common? How can you create similar content with your unique voice?
- Find trends relevant to your target audience’s interests: Visit the TikTok Creative Center to identify trends in your niche and industry. Discover trending hashtags, keywords, songs, videos, and more.
- Leverage your Analytics: Monitor your Analytics to identify strategies that deliver your desired results. Dive into your audience insights to discover when your followers are most active.
- Get feedback from your fans: Ask them what types of content they want to see more of. Encourage them to ask you questions, as well, as your answers will make for new and compelling content.
- Play with TikTok’s interactive editing features: Turn on Duet or Stitch, and ask your viewers to combine your video with theirs. Create your own effects with TikTok’s Mobile Effect Editor, and motivate your fans to try it! Explore third-party editing apps to create more outstanding videos.
What’s the Formula To Getting Massive Viewership on TikTok?
Viral TikTok videos often give everyone the impression that it’s easy to gain hundreds of thousands of views on the platform. You can participate in a trending challenge or use a popular effect and get your 15 seconds of fame. Thanks to TikTok, becoming a one-hit wonder has evolved into a cliche.
But this is the kind of cliche aspiring creators and influencers all hope to achieve. All you need is one post to go viral. The goal is to throw the door wide open and encourage a surge of profile views and new followers. How do you get massive viewership on TikTok?
Hopping on trends may help, but it doesn’t always guarantee a tidal wave of views. You need a combination of high views and engagement to keep your post visible to more audiences for a longer period. A surefire way to gain views that also convert to likes and comments is optimized audience targeting.
Target viewers who are most likely to appreciate your post. Optimize your content to make sure you reach these potentially interested viewers. When they discover your video and interact with it, your post’s relevance score will go higher. TikTok will display it on even more For You feeds. This will initiate a positive feedback loop that leads to more views and engagement.
Post View History on TikTok provides basic audience insights to help you improve your audience-targeting strategy. You can also boost your targeting precision with expert help from High Social.
Get additional audience-targeting power with High Social’s advanced proprietary AI solution. Deliver your videos to more viewers who will likely become lifelong fans! Start growing your TikTok today!TikTok Tips