How to Link Instagram to TikTok and Expand Your Reach
For many content creators, having a presence on multiple channels is a must to reach the biggest audience possible. Some social platforms allow users to link multiple cross-channel accounts, i.e., you can link your Facebook to your Instagram. With TikTok being the proverbial new kid on the block, can you also link TikTok to your other social channels? Do you want to know how to link Instagram to TikTok? Keep reading to find out!
How to Link Your Instagram to TikTok: Advantages of Connecting Your Platforms
Is it crucial to know how to link your Instagram to TikTok? What are the advantages of having a connected audience across different platforms?
How to Link Instagram to TikTok: When Should You Do It?
When is it important to know how to link Instagram to TikTok?
- When you’re a new creator still finding your footing on social media, building a presence on multiple platforms is helpful. You can try different channels to figure out which one works best for your identity, niche, content style, and audience. Test different waters until you find the best platform for your purposes. It’s even better if you succeed in all of them!
- You can start exploring opportunities on the other platform when you have already established yourself on TikTok/Instagram.
- Consider linking TikTok and Instagram if you need to reach new audiences for your posts on TikTok.
- Link your TikTok to your Instagram account to let your IG followers know that you’re also on TikTok.
- Link your TikTok and Instagram accounts to make it easier for users to visit either of your profiles.
- Link your TikTok and Instagram if you need to generate more views and engagement for a TikTok post or campaign.
- Link your social media accounts for the biggest exposure possible and more opportunities for brand collaborations.
What Are the Advantages of Knowing of Linking Instagram and TikTok?
Is there an advantage to learning how to link Instagram to TikTok? There are several advantages, in fact, especially if you prefer using TikTok to create content. What can you do after linking your TikTok and IG profiles?
- After creating a TikTok post, you can easily share the video on your Instagram. You won’t have to save your TikTok video first so that you can upload it to Instagram. You won’t have to create a new Reel for your IG audience.
- If you have an extremely popular TikTok, you can share it with your Instagram followers to sustain high engagement. Likely, the video will also be a big hit on IG.
- You can spend less time creating content for different platforms. You don’t have to have the same content on all platforms all the time. You can have a few days every week when you create a TikTok that you’ll also use on Instagram.
- You can raise more awareness for your TikTok profile. If you already have many IG followers, sharing your TikToks on Instagram will help generate more views and profile visits.
- You can generate more exposure for an announcement on an upcoming TikTok LIVE or an ongoing giveaway.
- By generating high engagement on both TikTok and Instagram, you’ll have more opportunities to land brand deals.
How to Link Instagram to TikTok 2023
Are you wondering how to link Instagram to TikTok in 2023? Managing multiple social media accounts can be time-consuming. Switching from one profile to another to share the same post is tedious work. Social network links can also help your followers find your other profiles more quickly. Fortunately, TikTok and Instagram allow users to link their accounts.
Just follow these steps:
- Go to your Profile.
- Tap Edit profile under your profile pic/video.
- Swipe up and, under Social, tap Add Instagram.
- When the login page for Instagram appears, enter your Instagram login credentials.
- Choose whether or not to save your login information on your device or Google account.
- Tap Allow to allow TikTok to access your Instagram information.
When the link is successful, your Instagram username will appear under the Social section on the Edit profile page. You’ll also see the Instagram camera icon on your profile page, under your profile picture and beside Edit profile and Add friends. Those who visit your profile can tap on the Instagram icon to find your profile on Instagram.
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap the Share profile button under your profile picture.
- Tap the Copy link.
- Open your TikTok and go to your Profile.
- Tap Edit profile.
- Tap Add Bio.
- Paste your Instagram profile link, then tap Save.
TikTok profile visitors can also tap on this link to view your IG profile.
How to Link TikTok to Instagram
If you’re curious about how to link TikTok to Instagram from your Instagram account, there’s one way to do it. You can’t add your TikTok account to your Instagram like you can add your Facebook page. What you can do is add your TikTok URL to your Instagram bio.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your TikTok Profile.
- Tap Edit profile under your profile photo.
- Find your TikTok profile URL under your username, then tap the Copy icon.
- Open your Instagram and go to your Profile.
- Tap Edit profile.
- Tap Add Link.
- Paste your TikTok profile URL, then tap the Check symbol.
- Your TikTok link will appear in your Instagram bio.
Your Instagram followers and profile visitors can simply tap the link in your bio to visit your TikTok profile.
How to Link Instagram to TikTok and Other Common Questions
Knowing how to link Instagram to TikTok can make posting to your socials easier. It also encourages your followers and profile visitors to check out your other account. Here are frequently asked questions you may also be asking about linking TikTok and Instagram.
How to Link Instagram to TikTok: Why Is My Link in Bio on TikTok Not Clickable?
You will be able to add a link to your TikTok bio even if you don’t have a business account. However, the link won’t be clickable. Having the link might still help make people aware that they can find you on Instagram. They can copy the link and paste it into a browser to visit your IG profile. Or they can simply search for you using your IG username.
How to Link Instagram to TikTok: Can I Automatically Share an Instagram Post With TikTok?
When you know how to link Instagram to TikTok, can you automatically post your Instagram content to TikTok? You won’t have the option to instantly share a new or old Instagram post to TikTok even after linking your two accounts. You can copy the IG post link and send it via TikTok DM. However, the link won’t be clickable; the recipient must copy and paste it into a browser to view the post.
How To Link Instagram to TikTok: Can I Automatically Share a TikTok Post to Instagram?
When you know how to link Instagram to TikTok, can you instantly share your TikTok content to Instagram? You can’t immediately share a new TikTok post to Instagram like you can share to Facebook. You need to create and post your TikTok video first.
Once it’s up, tap the three dots on the bottom right, then tap Instagram or Instagram Direct. When you select Instagram, you’ll immediately find yourself on your IG’s create/edit post page. Edit the TikTok video as you wish, then tap Next. Add your caption, then tap Share.
You can also save your TikTok to your phone and upload it to Instagram. With either option, keep in mind that the video will have the TikTok watermark on it.
How Can I Unlink TikTok and Instagram?
To unlink your Instagram from TikTok, go to your Profile and tap the Edit profile button. Under Social, tap your Instagram username. A pop-up will appear; tap Confirm to unlink your Instagram profile.
To remove your TikTok profile URL from your Instagram bio, go to your IG profile. Tap Edit profile, then tap Links. Tap the TikTok profile URL, then tap Remove Link. Tap Remove to confirm.
Build a Solid Presence Across Your Social Media Accounts
You can instantly enlarge your audience reach when you know how to link Instagram to TikTok and vice versa. Most of your followers on Instagram are likely the same followers you have on TikTok. However, keep in mind that these audiences may have different content interests when they’re on one platform or the other.
You can conveniently redirect Instagram viewers to your TikTok post and vice versa with linked accounts. Linked accounts can help you increase your exposure to new potential followers. You can get wider exposure and more engagement for your content. You can reinforce your presence and relevance on both platforms.
At the same time, what works on Instagram or TikTok will not always work for the other. Automatic posting on both your Instagram and TikTok profiles may not be ideal every time you publish content. You need to know what your IG followers enjoy and what your TikTok fans are interested in. You need to identify the differences in interests and preferences of your audiences on these platforms. You also need to understand how each platform’s algorithm works so you can appropriately optimize your content.
On TikTok, for example, you have a better chance of reaching new viewers and existing followers based on their interests. The For You recommendation algorithm effectively matches TikTok creators and content with interested audiences. Building an active TikTok community is easier. When you know how to link Instagram to TikTok, you can leverage this community to strengthen your Instagram brand.
Double your AI-powered targeting capability when you team up with High Social. Get your content in front of more interested viewers through High Social’s advanced, proprietary AI technology. Start growing your TikTok today!