What Is a Good Engagement Rate on TikTok?
TikTok is a bona fide trendsetter. It’s the perfect platform to tell stories to captivated audiences. The platform is chockfull of tools and features that boost and sustain high engagement. TikTok’s unique algorithm nurtures community-building. It’s the proverbial goldmine for creators, influencers, and businesses. To grow your TikTok presence, you must promote consistent and active engagement. What is a good engagement rate on TikTok? What can you do to increase your engagement?
Essential Questions About TikTok Engagement Rate
What’s a good engagement rate on TikTok? How do you calculate TikTok engagement rate? How do you go from zero to your target engagement rate? Keep reading for the answers to these questions and more.
How Do You Measure Engagement Rate on TikTok?
TikTok engagement rate is measured based on the number of times users interacted with your videos. On TikTok, these interactions typically include video likes, comments, shares, and views. Your engagement rate signifies the relevance and popularity of your videos among your followers or viewers within a specific timeframe.
How Do You Calculate Engagement Rate?
“What is a good engagement rate on TikTok?” is probably one of the most important questions any creator or business on TikTok needs to answer. But first, let’s find out how to calculate TikTok engagement rate.
There are two ways to calculate your engagement rate:
- Go to your profile. Under your profile picture, you’ll find your number of likes and followers. Divide your likes by your followers, and multiply the number by 100. This will give you a reasonable estimate of your overall engagement so far.
- Go to your profile and tap on the three lines in the upper right. Select Creator tools, then select Analytics. Select a time frame within the Overview tab and add your total likes, comments, and shares. Divide the sum by the total video views, and multiply the number by 100. This will give you your engagement rate for the selected period.
What Is the Average Engagement Rate on Tiktok?
What is the average engagement rate on TikTok? The latest report reveals that the average engagement rate per follower for median brands on TikTok is 5.7%. This is a 50% increase from last year and 12 times higher than the next most engaging platform, Instagram.
What Is a High Engagement Rate on Tiktok?
What is a high engagement rate on TikTok? When measured against the 5.7% median engagement rate, 8% is considered a high engagement rate per follower on TikTok.
What Is a Good Engagement Rate on TikTok by View?
To deliver reliable answers to “What is a good engagement rate on TikTok?” and similar questions, we will reference RivalIQ’s 2023 TikTok Benchmark Report. Here are the latest TikTok engagement benchmarks, according to the report.
Engagement rate by view is one of two ways to measure TikTok engagement rate. Measuring your total engagement (likes + comments + shares) against your total number of views tells you how compelling your videos were. This engagement rate gives you a more accurate picture of your content’s effectiveness and appeals as it looks at your viewers.
The median engagement rate by view on TikTok is 4.15%, with a little over 20% of brands hitting this average. Most brands, or more than 30%, have an average engagement rate per view of 2-4%.
What Is a Good Engagement Rate on TikTok by View for Different Account Sizes?
Considering account size in terms of follower numbers, what is a good engagement rate on Tiktok by view? According to the report, the average engagement rate by view typically increases with account size. This linear relationship directly results from TikTok’s FYP algorithm, which largely determines view numbers. The more views your videos get, the more followers you’ll have as long as you consistently produce highly engaging videos.
- Brands with 200k to 1M followers have an average engagement rate per view of 6.6%. This rate is almost twice the rate for smaller brands.
- Accounts with more than 1M followers have an average engagement rate per view of 7.5%
What Is a Good Engagement Rate on TikTok by View for Various Industries?
Across various industries, what is a good engagement rate on TikTok by view? The 2023 TikTok Benchmark Report reveals that Sports Teams, Nonprofits, Influencers, and Higher ed are the industry segments that consistently receive high fan engagement. These industries have more passionate followers than other industries.
- Sports Teams have an average engagement rate per view of 9.7%.
- Health & Beauty, Home Decor, and Financial Services brands occupy the lowest rungs, with an average engagement rate per view of 4.15%.
What’s a Good Engagement Rate on TikTok by Follower?
When measuring average engagement per video, engagement rate by follower considers actual audience size, i.e., number of followers. Controlling for audience size lets you look at the complete picture. For a brand with 2,000 followers and one with 200k followers, 200 likes make a vast difference in terms of engagement rate. What’s a good engagement rate on TikTok by followers?
The median engagement rate by follower per video is 5.7%, with less than 10% of brands on TikTok achieving this average. About 40% of brands earn an engagement rate by followers of more than 8%.
What Is a Good Engagement Rate on TikTok by Follower for Different Account Sizes?
Unlike engagement rate by view, engagement rate by follower has an inverse relationship with account size. Smaller accounts typically get a higher engagement rate by followers; bigger accounts get a lower engagement rate by follower. Accounts with the highest number of followers must work harder to maintain a good engagement rate. What is a good engagement rate on TikTok by follower according to account size?
- Accounts with 5-10k followers have the highest average engagement rate, typically reaching 9.3%.
- Accounts with fewer than 50k followers have an average engagement rate of 5.7%.
- Accounts with more than 1M followers have an average engagement rate of 2.5%.
What Is a Good Engagement Rate on TikTok by Follower Across Industries?
The Higher Education and Sports Teams industry segments set the benchmarks for average engagement rates by follower across all industries.
- Higher Ed has an average engagement rate of 16.3%.
- The Sports Teams segment has an average engagement rate of 9.2%
- Travel, Financial Services, and Nonprofits are in the third spot, with a 7.4% average engagement rate.
- Influencers and Health & Beauty have the lowest cross-industry engagement rates, with 3.1% and 2.6%, respectively.
What Is a Good Engagement Rate on TikTok and Why Does It Matter?
Why is it important to know what’s a good engagement rate on TikTok? Knowing the benchmarks for your account size and industry will give you a good idea of where you stand against the competition. Having a target engagement rate is necessary for measuring success on the platform.
Here are some benefits of achieving a good engagement rate on TikTok.
- An engagement rate on par with the established current benchmark signifies that your videos are performing well among your target audiences. This also means your content is standing out against similar content from other accounts.
- A high engagement rate signals TikTok’s algorithm that your content is highly relevant. This means your videos are more likely to appear on the For You feeds of more users who might be interested in them.
- With increased visibility to interested viewers, achieving a good engagement rate also drives profile visits, follower growth, and sales.
- Tracking your engagement rate is an informed means of tracking your growth, especially when compared to monitoring your progress based on a vanity metric like your follower count.
- Monitoring and analyzing your engagement rate helps you better understand your viewers’ content consumption preferences. Your engagement rate lets you know what types of content resonate effectively with them and which videos are less effective.
- Maintaining a good engagement rate creates a snowball effect, i.e., it promotes more views, likes, comments, and shares.
- A good engagement rate will help you land lucrative partnerships with other brands.
What’s a Good Engagement Rate on TikTok and How Do You Achieve It?
Knowing what’s a good engagement rate on TikTok is the first step toward achieving your goal. How can you encourage more views and interactions for your videos to increase and maintain your engagement rate? Here are some tips.
- Use the “Reply with video” feature. Promptly replying to comments on your videos is a must to keep conversations around your content going and sustain content relevance. Using the “Reply with video” feature makes your reply more engaging and your brand more authentic and relatable.
- Take advantage of TikTok’s Q&A feature. The Q&A feature lets you post a question directly on your profile. TikTok will share your question with people who might be interested. With the right question, you can find out what your audiences like or want on the platform. Engaging questions effectively encourage users to answer and interact with your brand.
- Capture viewers’ interest within the first three seconds of your video. The longer you can hold viewers’ interest, the higher your chances of getting likes, comments, and shares for your video. The first three seconds are crucial. This is when viewers decide whether or not your video is worth watching.
- Keep an eye on emerging TikTok trends. If there’s one thing that all TikTok users enjoy with no exception, it’s TikTok trends. Whether they’re trending challenges, choreographies, music, or filters, hopping on a trend spreading like a wildfire among your followers is crucial. Trends help you stay relevant in the fast-paced digital content market. They allow potential new followers to discover you. And they’re designed to foster high engagement.
Build Hype Around Your Brand and Get Consistently High Engagement
When you know the answer to “What is a good engagement rate on TikTok?” you’ll have a goal on which to focus all your efforts. Keep your eye on the prize as you modify and refine your content strategy with the help of your TikTok Analytics. Duplicate tactics that deliver good results and improve or replace those that don’t.
You can effectively build hype around your brand and get consistently high engagement when the right audiences see your TikTok videos. Genuine interest in your content will always translate to high engagement. So make sure you’re putting your videos in front of interested viewers.
Knowing how the For You feed works, hopping on trends, and using the right sounds and hashtags will help increase your visibility on the platform. Understanding what your target audience wants will put your content within their sight. With a sharpened audience-targeting capability, you can make sure you’re connecting with your audience every time you publish content.
You can have better targeting precision when you team up with High Social. Sign up for one of High Social’s TikTok growth plans to get a targeting advantage over the competition with the help of their advanced, proprietary AI technology. Their growth plans will allow you to zero in on TikTok users whose interests, preferences, and behaviors match your brand voice to a T. With High Social. You will experience sustained and rewarding growth with interested and engaged followers.
Level up your TikTok game and get the exposure you need. Start growing your TikTok today!